Monday 20 October 2014

Microsoft and me. Because - Spreadsheets!


Why do I still use Microsoft applications even though I use a Mac?  Macintosh applications can rival and even beat Microsoft on most things: Pages/Word; Keynote/PowerPoint; iPhoto/Photo Gallery; Safari/Explorer; QuickTime/Media Player.  So why then do I continue to use Excel instead of Numbers?

The simple answer is that I learned how to use spreadsheets on Excel, so I stick with what I know.

But that doesn't explain why I switched to most other Macintosh applications, but not Excel.  I suppose it is because all the other Microsoft applications are so straightforwardly simple in what they do - at least as far as my use for them goes - that switching to another, very similar version was effortless.  I'm sure Numbers is as easy to use as Excel, but with all the things I can do on Excel, and all the effort it took to learn how to do those things, using all those formulas, I'm just not willing to risk having to relearn all that just so I can use a Macintosh application.
My name is Hannah and I am addicted to spreadsheets








No comments:

Post a Comment